Sometimes, the use of a boat can be complicated, especially in the case of small or hard to reach rivers and lakes. The use of USV is not feasible in every situation either.
- Firstly, it is necessary to have a good point of entry to the water for deployment/recovery.
- Secondly, it may be impossible to use USV in shallow lakes with lots of seaweed.
- Last but not least, in many cases, USV should be big enough to resist the waves and a big car may be necessary to transport it.
An alternative is to fly a drone (UAV) to carry the echo sounder. A drone is compact and easy to transport and deploy. Drones also have a high precision of following planned survey lines and can be used in any place where there is at least a small area for take-off and landing near the surveyed water surface.
During the webinar, we cover
- Benefits and drawbacks of using echosounder with a drone
- Demonstration of all components of the bathymetric UAV system
- Bathymetric survey mission planning and simulation
- Data processing using Eye4Software Hydromagic.