What's new in UgCS and UgCS for DJI
✅ UgCS v.4.4
New tools for LIDAR surveying for UgCS ENTERPRISE license owners
(currently, supported for DJI M300, M600, M210/200 drones)
- “Lidar area” and “Lidar corridor” tools, although look similar to “Photogrammetry” and “Corridor”, provide additional functionality unlocking the full potential of LIDAR surveying:
- loops on the turn, reducing shaking of the sensor;
- area buffer, improving coverage on area borders;
- an ability to specify side distance manually, or calculate it in UgCS based on the camera FOV and LIDAR’s FOV;
- the “Corner Radius” parameter;
- visualization of curve lines of the flight path.
- The new command “Pattern” simplifies LIDAR calibration. It can be executed before/after executing a mission and at any time in the middle. UgCS supports the two most popular IMU calibration patterns: U-figure and Eight. You can change pattern size, altitude, and flight speed if required.
Note: The “Pattern” command and the “Corner Radius” parameter require UgCS for DJI 2.30 or newer.
To use the LIDAR toolset - create a new route for DJI M600, M300 or M210/M200.
More new features
- The ability to control Parrot ANAFI with a joystick
- The calculation algorithm of Photogrammetry and Area Scan segments has been redesigned to avoid flying out of the polygon boundary.
Important! If you update UgCS from a previous version, check your missions thoroughly for any changes!
- The flight path on overshoots has changed. From now on, decreasing the ground elevation on overshoots does not change the flight path above this area.
- Performance improvements.
- Toolbar icons updated.
- For all DJI vehicle profiles, the "Min distance between waypoints" parameter has been increased to 1 meter.
- The error ‘Could not parse the KML file’ occurred when importing a KML file with multiple layers.
✅ UgCS for DJI v.2.30
New Tools & Features
- Support for LIDAR features introduced in UgCS 4.4:
Note: these features work only in pair with UgCS.
- The ability to provide “Corner radius” parameter for a route segment (for segments that don't have the “Corner Radius” parameter, the “Max corner radius” parameter of the mobile app settings is used).
- Pattern command with U-figure and Eight patterns for LIDAR calibration.
- The beacon on/off button is now available for DJI M300.
- If a drone, supported by the DJI Mobile SDK, does not support waypoint mission API, the corresponding commands (“upload”, “auto”, “click&go”, “hold”) are not displayed in UgCS.
- For DJI M300:
- Unable to continue a paused mission.
- 'Unknown' error occured when the "Pause" button is pressed two times during flying to the same waypoint.
- In some cases, the DJI M300 did a curved flight (instead of straight) between the first and second waypoints of the route.
- Unable to continue a mission after “Click & Go" command.
- For DJI M600, the remaining battery power displayed in the UgCS is fluctuating.
- The warning "Camera attitude roll/yaw actions are not supported" is not displayed anymore, if all angles provided by the user in the “Camera attitude” action are supported by the drone.
- When MapBox map is used, and the “Maximum flight distance” restriction is enabled in the app settings, the allowed area is filled by red color instead of green.